IP Camera Autodiscovery & Manual Addition
WAVE discovers supported devices automatically if they are located on the same subnet (LAN). Auto-discovered devices will show up in the Resource Panel after WAVE is started. The Auto Discovery feature for WAVE works with ONVIF Profile S devices and devices integrated properly via an SDK/API.
IP Cameras and video sources (HTTP links, RTSP streams) can also be added manually.
To add an IP camera/video source manually to your System:
- Right-click on server in the Resource Panel and select Add Camera
- To add a single camera or video source (HTTP or RTSP url) enter the URL
- To Add Multiple non-discovered sources or device manually select Subnet Scan and enter the desired IP range to begin scanning
- Enter a desired IP range to start scanning. By default, addresses 0-255 are recommended
- Specify authentication parameters in login and password fields
- Specify discovery port if needed - Most cameras are discovered on port 80 (checked Auto box is recommended)
- Press Scan to initiate search
- If located, the cameras will be displayed in order
- Select desired cameras and click Add Selected
- Cameras will be added to the Resource Panel