An IP I/O Module is a network-enabled digital input/output device that allows users to connect two-wire sensors, triggers, or other binary inputs/outputs to the system that is used to create corresponding events and actions.
IP I/O modules allow system designers to integrate 3rd party hardware, such as door sensors, alarm panels, fire systems, or locks, to the WAVE system. Sensors, such as a door switch, smoke detector, IR detector or glass break detector, are used for triggering an alarm event that can be connected as inputs. Output ports can be connected to control devices or relays. For instance, opening/closing doors or turning on/off the lights upon alarm.
Supported I/O Modules
- AXIS P8221 Network I/O Audio Module
- Advantech ADAM 6050, 6052, 6060
To Add and Configure an IP I/O Module in WAVE:
- Plug the device into your network
- Supported I/O Devices will be automatically discovered and shown in the Resource Panel
- To enable the device, you will need an I/O License
- Once enabled, right-click on the I/O Module and choose I/O Module Settings
- To record Audio from the device, choose the Recording tab of the I/O Module Settings dialog. Select Record Always and highlight the schedule to set the Audio recording time (if applicable).
- In the I/O Ports tab of the I/O Module setting, Users can define the Type of connection on each port: input and output. The default state, open and close, can add custom names on each port, and can define the standard pulse time in miliseconds for configured outputs.
- To create Rules, users can click on the I/O Module Rules button in the I/O Module Settings dialog.