A WAVE System is made up of one or more computers running the WAVE Media Server Application.
In order to be considered a single System the following criteria must be met:
- The System Name and System Password must be the same on all installed Media Servers.
- The Servers must be able to see each other - either on a LAN or WAN.
Expand a System by Adding a New Server:
This is the typical way users expand systems and is usually done when a System is built or expanded.
- Install the WAVE Media Server on the computer hardware you will be using for the new server.
- During installation make sure to use the same System Name (e.g. demo_main) and System Password.
- If your newly installed Server is on the same network as your existing System it will appear in the Resource Panel immediately.
Expand a System by Merging an Existing Server or System:
Merging a system is useful in situations where one more WAVE Systems is running on a single network and/or where Servers were installed with mismatched System Names or passwords.
- Select the Main Menu button and choose Merge Systems.
- Enter the Server address (IP Address or host URL) example: http://demo.wavevms.com:7001) and Password for the existing System you wish to merge.
- Press the Check button to confirm connectivity to the System you are attempting to merge/merge with.
- Choose which System name and Password should remain once the merge is complete.
- Once the System is successfully merged you will see all merged Systems/Devices now available in the Resource Panel.