Rapid Review allows WAVE users to export and compress long periods of archived video into shortened, time-lapse-like videos.
Using Rapid Review users have the ability to quickly (aka rapidly) review activity over long periods of time to analyze complex behaviors like crowd flow, traffic flow, production processes, and more!
A full overview of exporting video in Wisenet WAVE can be viewed here.
To export Rapid Review video in WAVE v3.2 and above:
- Select the camera and navigate to the event you would like to export.
- Hovering your mouse over the selection, right click and choose "Export Video..." to enter the unified video exporting dialog window.
- Be sure to select the "Single Camera" tab as rapid review exporting may only be used with a single camera at a time.
- Click on the "Rapid Review" button to enter the Rapid Review sidebar.
- The video can be compressed by setting the "Speed" multiplier.
- Once you are satisfied with your video clip, click "Export" to begin the video export process. Any additional text, image, or filter overlays may add time required for the export to complete successfully.
- Choose the video format you would like to use in the dropdown menu next to the "Name" field.
- The export may be halted prior to completion by clicking "Stop Export" during the process.
- Once the export has been completed, the export completion dialog will appear.
How to Export Rapid Review video in WAVE v3.1:
- Select the camera and navigate to the timeline you would like to export.(Usually long period of time, for example, export the video of several days or weeks.)
- While hovering your mouse over the timeline right click and choose Mark Selection Start to mark the beginning of the video you would like to export.
- Then choose the end of the time frame you would like to export and right click again and select Mark Selection End.
- Alternatively, you can right-click with your mouse and drag to select the time you want to export.
- Right-click the newly selected area (now highlighted blue) and select Export Rapid Review.
- As prompted, adjust the expected length of the exported file, or you can use the bar to change the speed of rapid review.
- Click OK.
- On save dialog, enter the filename and choose the location you would like to export the file to, as well as the media format and timestamp location.
- Click Save.
- You will see the exported file in the Local folder, and you can directly drag the file into the main screen to play the video.