WAVE supports video export in three formats: .avi, .mkv, and .exe
Exporting either a .mkv or .avi file will produce a video file that will need an external player to be viewed.
Exporting a .exe format will encapsulate the exporting video file in to a portable executable file. This includes a light version of the WAVE Client that can be played on any Windows computer.
To Export a Single Video Clip:
- Select the camera and navigate to the event you would like to export.
- While hovering your mouse over the timeline, right click and choose Mark Selection Start to mark the start time of the video you would like to export.
- Then choose the end time frame you would like to export and right click to select Mark Selection End.
- Alternatively, you can right click with your mouse and drag to select the time you want to export.
- Right click the newly selected area (now highlighted blue) and select Export Selected Area.
- As prompt, enter the filename and choose the media format, timestamp location and the directory to export the files.
- Click Save.
- You will see the exported file in the Local folder, and you can directly drag the file into the main screen to play the video.