In some cases, WAVE licenses may need to be transferred from one machine to another:
- Hardware Failure
- Hardware ID Change (Hardware modified - RAM, Motherboard, network card)
- Hardware Replacement (Transfer licenses to a new machine)
- Accidental License Assignment
Users have the ability to deactivate and move a License Key from one computer to another.
License Deactivation Limitations:
- Users can deactivate and move a license a maximum of 3 times
- Users must have an active Internet connection in order to execute
- Time licenses cannot be deactivated
To Deactivate A License Key:
- Open the Wisenet WAVE Desktop client.
- From the Main Menu select System Administration.
- In the System Administration Dialog select the Licenses tab.
- Click on the License Key to be deactivated to highlight.
- Once you have selected the License Key click on the Deactivate button.
- Fill out the Deactivation form and press Next.
- You are now free to use this License Key again.