Add a NAS (w/SAMBA) to your WAVE Server:
- Make sure that the NAS you are attempting to connect to has samba installed and configured on the NAS device.
- Note! Trashboxes/trash bins/recycle bins must be disabled as a part of configuration step. WAVE Server starts overwriting when the "Reserved Space" limit is reached. In order to do that it sends standard SMB-delete requests to the NAS drive. If recycle bin is enabled NAS will put files to the bin instead. Server won't get necessary space sending new delete commands instead -- eventually it will end up with full drive and inability to record any data until the recycle bin is emptied.
- Right-click on the targeted Server in the Resource Panel and select Server Setting.
- Click Add external Storage.
- In the Add External Storage dialog input the path/url to the Samba-shared directory.
- For example: \\NAS_DEVICE\smb_dir
- Input login credentials if needed.
- Press OK to apply changes.
Remove a SAMBA enabled NAS Device from an WAVE Server:
- Right-click url to NAS device in the list.
- Click Remove Storage
- Press OK to apply changes