The View Archive from Deleted Cameras feature allows operators to recover and keep archives from cameras which are no longer in the System for whatever reason - e.g. camera replacement, camera died, etc.
For Cameras Still Showing in the Resource Panel:
- Cameras which have associated archives will be shown as offline (with a red x).
- Drag the offline camera onto the viewing grid and navigate to the green section of the timeline to view archived footage.
For Cameras Not Showing in the Resource Panel:
- Go to the Storage Settings Tab of the Server which has the archive of the deleted camera.
- Click on the Re-index Archive button and wait for the archive to finish being scanned. (This might take few minutes to few hours, depending on the size of the archive being recovered)
- After the index scan process is completed any cameras with associated archive on the target server will appear as offline cameras (with a red x) in the resource panel.
- Drag the offline camera onto the viewing grid and navigate to the green section of the timeline to view archived footage for the deleted cameras.