The Wisenet WAVE Media Client is supported on Ubuntu Linux v14.04 LTS or later LTS versions.
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: "Trusty Tahr" (April 2014)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS: "Xenial Xerus" (April 2016)
Installing WAVE Desktop Client on Ubuntu Linux:
- Download the WAVE installation package you would like to install for your Ubuntu Linux OS.
- Make note of the place you saved it to on your computer.
- Open the Terminal app and enter command lines below to continue.
- Use the sudo dpkg -i [installer package path] terminal code to begin the installation process.
ex: sudo dpkg -i /home/Hanwha/Downloads/WAVE-client-22.214.171.12497-linux64.deb
- Enter your computer password to continue the installation when prompted.
- Press tab to Yes and press enter to accept the EULA to continue.
- Press tab to highlight the OK button and hit enter to continue.
- Press tab again to highlight the "Yes" button and hit enter to accept.
- If an error is displayed, and your terminal says that there are some "dependency problems" please try to run the following commands to install dependencies that are required:
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get install -f
Launching the WAVE Client on Ubuntu:
Please click the Main menu on the left top, type the WAVE to search the application and launch the WAVE Client application.