The Wisenet WAVE Media Client is supported on Ubuntu Linux v14.04 LTS or later LTS versions.
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: "Trusty Tahr" (April 2014)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS: "Xenial Xerus" (April 2016)
1. Determine if your computer is 32 or 64 bit:
Go to the System Settings and under the System section, hit Details. You will get every detail including your OS, your processor as well as the fact whether the system is running a 64-bit or a 32-bit version.
2. Download the Wisenet WAVE VMS Client and Server Bundle from www.wavevms.com
3. Get gdebi - a simple tool to install deb files. It lets you install local deb packages resolving and installing its dependencies:
- Open the Terminal Window.
- Type in: sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gdebi
Note: You'll be required to enter your SUDO / root password in order to install the package.
4. Locate the installation files we have previously downloaded. The following process will be relevant for both the Server Application and the Desktop Application installation:
a. Right-click on the installation package.
b. Highlight "Open with" option from the Drop-down Menu.
c. Left-click on "Gdebi Package Installer".
d. Click on "Install Package".
5. Accept the EULA agreement in order to proceed.
6. The server will start automatically with the first Desktop Client opening.