After a Windows upgrade, sometimes, the WAVE database is inadvertently moved to a new location which causes the WAVE Media Server application to lose the ability to connect to the original WAVE database that contains both licenses and the login credentials.
Reestablishing your licenses and credentials:
- Stop WAVE Media Server by right-clicking on the WAVE Tray Tool (located in the system tray on the bottom right-hand corner of the taskbar)
- Navigate to the following Windows directory: C:\old\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Hanwha\Hanwha Media Server
- Copy files sqlite and ecs_static.sqlite
- Paste these files into the following directory: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Hanwha\Hanwha Media Server
- Start your WAVE Media Server (using the tray tool)
- That's it - you're done. Confirm your system licenses have been recovered by logging into your system, opening the System Settings dialog, and viewing the Licenses tab.