WAVE only has one direct API method to start or stop recording from certain cameras. "saveCameraAttributes" can change the additional attributes of a specific camera. So we can use this API to enable or disable the recording schedule; in other words, start/stop recording.
- Get your camera id directly from WAVE Client. You can find it at "Camera Settings" -> "Advanced" tab.
- Use the id as the index, construct the JSON with required parameters of /ec2/saveCameraAttributes
- Change the parameter - scheduledEnabled to enable/disable the recording of camera. True is enabled and False is disabled.
- Send POST request to WAVE Media Server using the API /ec2/saveCameraAttributes.
All requests to the WAVE Media Server are required to provide a correct user authentication. WAVE Media Server supports HTTP basic and digest authentication.
- Digest is more secured. The workflow is described in the API documentation.
- Basic is much simpler to use. Just input the user's credentials into the link.
You can download the sample code for further detail. If you have any questions, please go to our support system.