What is WAVE Server API?
The Server API provides a standard set of HTTP calls for 3rd party systems. Using the Server API, developers have the ability to access nearly every feature available in the system's thick client, including but not limited to:
- query/manage system resources (servers, cameras, users)
- manage users and permissions
- pull live or recorded video out of the system
- generate events
- create rules
- control PTZ cameras, and more
How to use WAVE Server API
Wisenet WAVE provides documentation to help developers work with the WAVE Server. All parameters and expected returns are listed.
The APIs are all under the RESTFUL standard, so developers are able to simply interact with WAVE Server via HTTP by POST or GET request. No matter which programming language you use, you can always retrieve the data and integrate your system with Wisenet WAVE.
How to access API Documentation
Find the API documentation when you install WAVE Server:
Visit http://localhost:7001/static/index.html#/developers/api if you have WAVE Server installed on your computer, otherwise replace the localhost with an IP address if the server is installed in the local network.
Testing the API
To help our users get started with Wisenet WAVE, we provide a simple tool for you to test the API and view readable return data.
- Open your web browser and access the Web Admin interface.
- Visit the API trial page:
- On the page, you will be able to find the “API Testing Tool(new)” under the Server API section.
- Click the link of “API Testing Tool(new)”. You will then see the list of all server APIs, and you could click any of them to test and try the API.