Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Apps: WAVE Server
WAVE Desktop allows the display of up to 64 items on a layout on a 64 bit OS and 24 items on the layout on a 32 bit OS. WAVE Desktop automatically adjusts the resolution of displayed items using Adaptive Scaling technology to keep the user experience great by adjusting to make sure CPU usage remains as low as possible.
These limits are set in the software and can be adjusted, but adjusting these is not recommended.
How to change the maximum number of items limitation:
Users can change the maximum number of items on a layout on Windows OS by changing the MaxSceneVideoItems value in the program's configuration files.
Note: Changing the maximum number of items on a layout can cause HUGE performance issues, so do this with extreme caution.
- Open Regedit
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hanwha\Hanwha WAVE Client
- Change maxSceneVideoItems
- Go to /home/<username>/config/Hanwha folder
- With any text editor open client configuration file Hanwha WAVE Client.conf
- Add new line maxSceneVideoItems=X where X stands for number of items you would like to place on the layout.
- Save the changes and start the Desktop Client