Issue: WAVE client will not run.
The WAVE client requires a system (real or virtual) that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher. The shortcut will not run or have anything response.
This situation typically occurs on virtual machines such as VMware or Virtual box or even Server PCs’. These are prime examples where GPU is limited and OpenGL 2.1 may not be supported.
The Solution: Emulate GPU (graphics processing unit) using the CPU (central processing unit).
To resolve this issue the WAVE team has introduced a way to emulate necessary graphics functions over CPU which allows running client on any hardware system with any Windows x64 OS version.
- When using this method what you are really doing is transferring the computing load that would normally be done by a GPU (graphical processing unit) to the CPU. This will cause your CPU usage to go up significantly.
- We do not recommend using this method unless it is absolutely required.
- Remember to close the Client application as soon as you are finished to return your CPU load to normal.
- Download the OpenGL 2.1 emulation library(via Google Drive); click on the link below.
- Copy and paste the downloaded dll file to the directory where the wave client executable is located.
- Right click on the Wave shortcut and go to properties and select the “open file location button” or go to this C:\Program Files\Hanwha\Wisenet WAVE\Client\4.X
- If it still doesn’t run create a new shortcut of the .exe and then Run Wave client.