SRTP encryption is supported for most Hanwha units. You must be using the correct firmware and have the camera configured for HTTPS.
Before you begin
Configuring HTTPS for video unit extensions
Additional configuration is required on the unit's web page for video units that support HTTPS connections.
- Add a server certificate to the unit and enable HTTPS on the unit’s web page. For more information, see the manufacturer’s documentation.
- If you are using a self-signed certificate, do the following:
- In Config Tool, select the Archiver managing the camera and click the Extensions tab.
- Select the camera extension.
- In Advanced security settings, do the following if required:
- For the Archiver to accept self-signed certificates, set the Allow unknown certificate authority option to ON.
- For the Archiver to accept non-server certificates, set the Allow non-server certificates option to ON.
- For the Archiver to accept certificates that do not have the IP address or hostname of the unit entered as the Subject name and Alternative name, set the Allow certificates with invalid subject name option to ON.
- For the Archiver to accept expired certificates, set the Allow certificates with invalid date option to ON.
- Click Apply.
- If the camera was previously added to Security Center, do the following:
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the unit to configure.
- Make sure the Use HTTPS setting is selected in the Properties tab.
- Configure the HTTPS Port (default is 443) and click Apply.
- If the camera was not added to Security Center, do the following:
- From the Video task in Config Tool, click Add an entity
- In the Manual add dialog box, complete the necessary settings to add the camera. Make sure the Use HTTPS setting is ON.
- Click Add.
What you should know
- SRTP over Multicast
- SRTP with RTSP over HTTPS
- Add the camera to Security Center.
- Turn on Encryption for the camera. You can do this in the advanced settings of the Recording tab of the camera. For more details about enabling encryption, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
Tip: To view the status of the encrypted stream, open the Video task and double-click the appropriate camera. The Encrypted field displays the status of the encrypted stream. Click Show diagnostic information to see which connection type is used.
- Select a certificate installed on your computer and click OK.