The "P2P" function is a cloud service that allows the mobile app full access to the recorder for viewing live video, PTZ controls, fisheye dewarping, search/playback, as well as bookmarks. This feature eliminates the configuration of multiple port forwarding rules on your router, DDNS, or needing static IP addresses. It also allows the recorder to use a DHCP address, if desired.
ON THE NVR/DVR
- Configure the network settings so that the NVR is connected to the Internet, including the IP address, subnet mask, DNS, & default gateway. When the network settings are correct, you should be able to access the firmware update or NTP function to check connectivity.
- Go to Network section> P2P and then check ENABLE P2P.
- Download the Hanwha Techwin WISENET MOBILE app on your IOS or ANDROID device.
Scan the QR code on the ADD DEVICE section of the app. The QR code can be found using the monitor/mouse or webpage of the recorder, or physically printed on the top of the case.
ON WISENET MOBILE
- Under ADD DEVICE, Click QR CODE and your camera on the mobile device will allow you to scan the QR code. It’s provided on the NVR’s P2P setup menu or a sticker is on the actual device.
- Adding devices is complete when the QR code of the device has been identified.
- If you can not use the camera on your device , go to MANUAL SETUP.
- Enter in the NAME, choose the TYPE as UID and then input the 20 digit UID value from the P2P setup menu from the NVR. (refer to image above)
- Finally, input the credential of the NVR in the ID and PW fields then press OK to register.
With the freedom of viewing cameras on your mobile device, the P2P service is exclusively utilized with the WISENET MOBILE APP ONLY. The NVR cannot be accessed with a PC using the P2P function. The web interface of the browser or SmartViewer does not give you the option to input the QR code or the UID. If remote access is needed, then performing port forwarding of the HTTP and DEVICE PORTS on the router are necessary.
Below is a link with information on how to setup devices with port forwarding rules to gain access to your device from an external network.
Devices with the P2P Cloud Service
QRN-810, QRN-810S, QRN-820S