When uninstalling WAVE, the default behavior of the software is to leave a few bits of information regarding the user's preferences in case a user re-installs the software or is upgrading from one version to another.
However - in some cases, users may want to fully remove WAVE.
Follow the steps below to clear out any WAVE remnants from your machine.
To perform a clean uninstall of WAVE in Windows:
1. Using the WISENET WAVE installer or Windows Control Panel, initiate the uninstall process and follow any guidance prompts until complete.
2. To remove any remnants of the SERVER application (other than recorded video files).
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local and delete the HANWHA folder.
3. To remove any remnants of the DESKTOP application.
- Navigate to C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local and delete the HANWHA folder.
4. To remove any recorded video navigate to the storage location you set up for your server and find the WISENET WAVE MEDIA folder.
- To remove any remnants of the CLIENT and SERVER applications, other than recorded video files, delete these folders:
5. To remove any recorded video navigate to the storage location you set up for your SERVER and find the Wisenet WAVE Media
To perform a clean uninstall of WAVE in macOS:
- Using Finder, delete Wisenet WAVE Client from your Mac.
- Open Finder and use the search input field to look for the associated files:
- Wisenet WAVE
- Manually select all the files displayed and send them to the trash.