Minimum Password Requirements
In WISENET WAVE there are a minimum password security requirements for new passwords, including:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Must contain at least two types of Symbols (e.g. lowercase + uppercase, lowercase + number, lowercase + special character)
- Must not match any of the 1000 most popular passwords (blacklist updated each release).
To Increase Password Requirement Strength:
Although WAVE does not allow users to modify the password requirements, users who us LDAP/Active Directory integration can enforce their own password policy for their own organization.
Resetting a Password:
- WAVE Sync connected systems can reset their password at any time by using the built-in password reset function.
- For local systems, if a user forgets their password their System Owner or System Admins can help them reset their password.
- If the Owner password is lost the WAVEv software will have to be re-installed.