By default, all of our devices are set up for DHCP
on the WAN and the CamLan.
In order to reconfigure these settings we recommend
you connect a keyboard and monitor.
Applies to Models: XND-8081REV, XND-8081RE, XNV-6081REV, XNV-6081RE
The steps below will walk you through changing the
WAN and CamLan. If you see cameras displayed on
the monitor or see a black screen, the bridge may
be in Local Display mode and you will need to
press Q on the keyboard to exit the local display.
Step By Step Guide for Setting a static IP:
1. Log into the bridge as admin user (User: admin; Password: <last 5 of serial number>).
2. Select "Configure Wired Network" and press Enter on your keyboard..
3. Select WAN and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. DHCP is the default setting, and denoted with an asterisk (*.) To disable DHCP, press the spacebar.
5. Enter the static IP information based on the network configuration. Using the arrow keys to navigate. (Static IP; Netmask; Default gateway IP; Primary DNS server; Secondary DNS server.)
6. Press tab to select OK and press enter.
7. Press tab to select Save and press enter (this may take a few minutes to save).
8. You can then verify network access by selecting Network Diagnostic Info.
Camera LAN Settings:
Most of the time, changing the CamLan is not
recommended because it complicates the
implementation process and the CamLan acts as a
DHCP server to the cameras. The CamLan IP settings
should only be changed if you are installing an
Wisenet Sky Bridge on an existing camera
environment and the cameras are already set to a
static VLAN or; You are implementing
Cloud Video Replication.
1. Log into the bridge as admin.
2. Select Configure Network and press Enter on your keyboard.
3. Select Camera Lan and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. Press the spacebar on your keyboard to disable the DHCP feature and then enter the required information. (Static IP; Netmask).
5. Press tab to select OK and press enter.
6. Press tab to select Save and press enter.