Applies to Models: TID-600R
Extension creation in Cisco PBX Version 12.5 for the registration of the intercom.
Step By Step Guide:
1. Login into Cisco Unified CM Administration.
2. Go to Device and select Phone.
3. Click on the Add New button located at the bottom.
4. From the phone type drop-down list, select Third-party SIP Device (Advanced) and click Next
5. Type in the following information
Mac Address: Mac address of the intercom
Description (optional): Intercom description
Device Pool: Consult with the Cisco UCM administrator to assign the proper device pool
Phone Button Template: Third-Party SIP Device (Advanced)
Common Phone Profile: Standard Common Phone Profile
Owner: Anonymous (This is a temporary setting, we will change this setting later on)
Device Security Profile: Third-Party SIP Device Advanced- Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile
SIP Profile: Standard SIP Profile
6. Click Save
7. From User Management drop-down menu, select End-User
8. Click on the Add New button
9. Type in the following information.
User ID: Alphanumeric String
Password: Alphanumeric string
PIN: Can be 4 numbers
Confirm PIN: same as above
Last Name: User Last Name
10. Click Save.
11. From the device information section, click on device association.
Click the Find button.
Select the Device added in Step 4, and click on the Save Selected button
12. Select the Back to User option and then click on the Go button.
13. Confirm that the intercom (TID-600R) device added in step 4 is controlled by the end-user added in step 9
14. Go back to Device / Phone and select the Intercom added in step 4.
Click on Device
Click on the Find button
Select the TID-600R added in Step 4 and click on its device name.
Change the owner setting to User and select the End-user created from step 9
15. Provide the phone number (DN number) for the intercom
a) Click on Line1-Add a new DN.
b) In the Directory Number configuration page, provide the phone number and the route partition.
c) Click Save to exit the Directory number Configuration Page.
d) Click Save on the Phone Configuration page.
16. Intercom setting for the registration
a) Register the intercom by adding the account under the intercom and Account setting
Provide the following information
Name: Arbitrary name that describes the account
User ID: DN number provided in step 15
Authentication ID: User ID provided in Step 9
Password: Password provided in Step 9
Domain Name: IP address of Cisco UCM
Click Apply on the account page
Confirm that the account is available.