Applies to Models: all WRN series recorders as of 01/01/2021
Due to the nature of the WRN series recorder being a computer running Linux, you are required to update the operating system from time to time. This article details steps on how to accomplish this update, if Hanwha Techwin America releases any updates for this model recorder, they will be through an ISO that has the drivers and updates contained within that ISO, this would necessitate a re-image of the Linux OS on this recorder. These instructions will walk you through that process.
Warning:You will need a blank 8gb thumb drive to perform this process.
This process will reformat your thumb drive and erase all the data stored on it.
We recommend using a brand new thumb drive for this process.
If a new thumb drive is not available, we recommend copying off all data on the drive
before performing the steps below.
Note: If a user locks themselves out of the WRN. This process will need to be
performed. You should attempt to make a WAVE configuration backup via a client PC
in order to backup your licenses and configuration BEFORE performing the steps below.
Step By Step Guide:
1. Download the ISO image and Rufus tool using this link: https://rufus.ie/en_US/
Note: Any questions on creating a bootable drive via Rufus: Click Here
2. Download the latest ISO for the WRN by clicking: >Here<
3. Ensure that a keyboard and mouse are plugged into the WRN chassis before powering the unit.
4. Keep pressing "F5" key during WRN boot until it beeps and enters the BIOS boot menu.
5. Select the USB device (the name can be different depending on the brand of USB key (Figure 1)
6. Press Enter key to select the first highlighted option to enter the Clonezilla environment (Figure 2)
7. The following errors can be ignored (Figure 3)
8. Partclone will show progress bars for the first half of the image process. This will take roughly 5 minutes (Figure 4)
9. After the progress bars are complete, you will receive two warning prompts for confirmation that existing files will be deleted and overwritten. Please type "Y" and press the “Enter” key to proceed with both prompts (Figure 6)
10. Partclone progress bars will appear again to complete the 2nd half of the image process. This will take roughly 5 minutes to complete. After the process is complete, a prompt will show to reboot or shut down the system (Figure 6)